Detuned Harmonic Filter Reactors
Used in series with capacitor banks in power factor correction units. Detuned reactors prevents the following:
- Overloading of capacitor banks due to harmonic resonance.
- Overcurrent during capacitor bank switching.
- Short capacitor lifetime
- Overheating of supply system
- Interference of network and data transmission systems.
- Utility waveform distortion
- Faults and trips on voltage sensitive systems and devices
The voltage across the terminals of the capacitor will increase the output voltage by 7% because of the inductive reaction of the reactor. The input value is at 415V, add the 7% inductive reaction, and this will give you a total output of 440V.
In detuned power factor correction systems, the presence of higher voltage rated capacitors and reactors causes a difference between rated capacitor power and obtained reactive power. The obtained power must be calculated in order to avoid low compensation.
Elektra Harmonic Reactors have been tested to standards: CE: 61558-2-20